Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Crafting with Sherri

I know that I am not the craftyest person in the world. I have often tried my hands at projects that only end in disaster. I can crochet, knit, embroider, sew, and sort of quilt. I can draw (but not paint) and I have beaded and done other crafty things like scrapbooked. But anyone who knows me well knows I will get all of my wedding albums from Shutterfly and that I will probably do the same with all of my kids albums too! I am way better online than in person at this stuff.

So what is the point well I am helping my friend (Sherri) start her craft business. She wants to make different things and sell them at fairs and online (maybe). So far we have made doggie treat/candy/craft supply/birdseed holders (pictures to come later). We have also been working on these beaded things. Now what are they you ask? Well they are actually a lot of different things.


The first picture shows the girly (and more childlike) zipper pulls. These are super heavy duty and can be used for purses or backpacks. They are totally child safe (since they might be used by children why use anything toxic?) and really cute. They will sell for about $4.50 each or 5 for $20.00.

Next you can see the sports zipper pulls. These are school related but there are also professional teams too! They are the smae price and even come in masculine ones so guys don't have to feel silly having one.



Then we have the cell phone charms. I like having a charm on my phone for several reasons. A) it helps me to know my phone from the 8 million other identical phones out there, B) it helps to find the phone in my purse... it is something to pull on if I find it and a way to hang the phone if need be, and C) They are just so darn cute! These are also $4.50 each or 5 for $20.00.

Sherri is also doing keyrings (that are a little less ornate and showy but very sturdy). We hope to have a ton by her first show in November and we will see how things go. I will post more information about show locations and times as I get them. If you want to order one, just let me know and I will get you all set up.

Ok enough pluging but they are super cool and I am helping so I feel even better about them. Got to go help Jason with a Fable II (as in the XBOX game) level.

No comments: