Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Pumpkin Carving

Jason and I started this tradition last year on Halloween. We carve pumpkins and watch scary movies. This year was no different (except it didn't happen on Halloween). As you can see Jason is working away at one of his two pumpkins. He did two large, orange pumpkins this year. Both are faces (which you can see at the bottom). We still need real tools as our puny little pumpkin kinves did very little to make marks in the pumpkins. Plus we had to use my (our) new spoons to scoop out the pumpkin guts. EWWW!!! Thank goodness for dishwashers to get it all off.

This is mine. I only show it here because it is hard to see in the last picture. Last year I did an owl with a moon behind it. I thought it was good but I wanted something special this year. I had seen a lot of girls on the nest doing initial pumpkins now that they were married. I had Jason search and print out a really cool "M" and I put it on my pumpkin. I messed up a little bit and cut out more than I wanted to but Jason still thinks it looks like an "M". I am really proud of myself. We also still have a white one I think I will paint like some of the ones I have seen in magazines. We can also keep it until Thanksgiving to be part of the fall decor... before I get my Christmas on!

And here is the picture showing our front porach with all of the pumpkins a glow. I am really proud of Jason's face on the left. Very original!! (And yes you can see my cleaning stuff still out.. it takes time to clean).

Happy Halloween!!!

No comments: