Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Veteran's Day


No, I know I am not very patriotic. I used to be, but that all changed a while ago (and it is a long story) but right now I feel some pride in my country and today's holiday has helped reinforce it. Jason's best friend is in the military. We are all a little worried about his safety in these turbulent times but he is not. Bob's wife, Ellen, is handling it all very well, seeming to take it in stride. I think I finally understand the sacrifice she has to make, not completely like I have had to do it but like I can foresee what it might be like. I guess what I am trying to say is that today of all days I again appreciate what our armed forces are doing for us. They have to make huge sacrifices for us to be as safe and warm as we are. Thank you to all of our veteran's and I hope all of those who are still in the military get to retire from it unscathed. Happy Veteran's Day!


PS Thank you to my family who have served. My uncle, great-uncle, and grandfathers thank you!

No comments: